21 June 2008

I have writer's block and this is only the first one. ...oh dear.
I suppose that in doing this, I am to write experiences from my life and publish them for the world to see and (hopefully) enjoy. Unfortunately, it feels a lot like writing a simple email, and those have never been very inspiring to me. Oh well.
Yesterday I did yard work for about 3 1/2 hours. This may seem strange since I live in an apartment complex, but the photographer I work for needed some work done on her outdoor set, so I volunteered. The whole time, as I baked out in the sun, I couldn't stop the phrase, "Pulling weeds is the bane of my existence," from running through my mind over and over. Remind me never to get a big yard. The only satisfaction I was able to find was how good it looked when I was finished (and that my arms were more tan than before.) Needless to say, I was a bit sore this morning.



I almost ran into this as I was mowing.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Wow Sally, glad you did not run into it with anything but the camera! Does that remind you of the webs in Oklahoma on the 4th of July three years ago when we were there for Hayde's birth? I wonder if the webs in Washington are gone in the morning, too?
So fun to look at your pictures and read your writings. It is always fun to hear from you. Keep up the great work. That was neat you were able to help with the yard work. I just mowed ours tonight and it certainly does improve the looks of things around here.
We love you and hope Jeff will get to feeling better. There must really be something up there that has lots of allergins. Aunt Sally used to go to a doctor and get shots every week to get rid of her hayfever. Maybe that is an option.
Love you lots,
Mom

Unknown said...

Sal.
I miss you so much.
I was thinking about you yesterday.
When you get back to Utah, I'm seeing you.
I can't believe we lived 45 minutes apart for the last year and never met up.
I have a blog, too.
http://www.jackiesgame.blogspot.com
It's been up since about December..though I've been inconsistent. My excuse for lately is that I've been in Idaho for two weeks (going back to SC next weekend) with only dial-up.
Anyway.
I love you, still.
Jacks.