05 October 2008

First Charcoal Drawing



Not bad for a beginner, huh?  :)  No... I'm plugging along.  It is getting easier the more I do it though.  On this drawing, I was supposed to focus on line quality, and not do any shading.  
 Jeff and I are still doing well.  We are finishing up our first set of midterms this week.  So we will be glad to get that behind us.  
We had some friends over for the Sunday morning session of General Conference (wasn't it awesome?!), then had a yummy lunch of bbq'd chicken sandwiches afterwards.  (Crockpots are amazing.)  It's fun hanging out with old buddies again and making new acquaintances.  Sometimes I think we believe we're too old to do that, and that any friends we make will only be in our lives for a short time before they leave us just like everyone else.  I had that mindset for a long time.  I didn't feel like getting attached to new people I met because I didn't see any value in it.  They were like a fleeting thought to me.  Why get close to someone I'm never going to see again?  
I have since changed my views, however.  I decided that every person has infinite worth and is worth my time.  With this attitude, it makes it a lot easier to get close to people without the fear of loss.  They can impact who you are for good, and even if you never see them again in this life, I believe there will be a glorious reunion in the next. 

3 comments:

Wiser Family said...

Awesome drawing Sally. Charcoal is hard to control. I'm so excited to see you and Jeff at Thanksgiving! Good luck with midterms!!

Bill said...

Wow, Sally, What great insight and philosophy! Sounds like you have been doing alot of thinking lately. I like your drawing. Were those Jeff's ties? Where are you going to be for Thanksgiving that Melanie will be seeing you? Guess we better be making plans, too. Love you! Mom

Maags said...

Great drawing Sally! You could sell stuff like that- so cool!